Compiled by Anita Lišková
"If people working in factories
or feeding cows don't mind getting up at that hour, politicians
shouldn't mind either."
- Prime Minister Vladimír Špidla's comment on the fact that Government
sessions start at six in the morning.
"There is no doubt about my
designation...well actually,I don't know."
- Czech TV director Jiří Balvín during an interview on BBC.
"This is a very clever kid.
I would even take her to school camp."
- ODS vice-chairman Ivan Langer, referring to 21-year-old KSČM MP
Kateřina Konečná, whose first parliamentary speech resulted in a
tide of mockery and laughing.
"Vice-chairman Němcová was
the shadow-minister of culture, but there is nothing of her left
behind. Just a perfume, an airy whiff of perfume."
- Minister of Culture Pavel Dostál, commenting on the activity of
ODS MP Miroslava Němcová.
"I think this is a return to
the traditions of Czech parliamentarism."
- Following his election as vice-chairman of the Czech Parliament,
communist MP Vojtěch Filip responded to the question what his election
means for the KSČM.